Blog Archive

Followers

Saturday 26 March 2011

5 Months Before Exchange

ONLY 5 months before i leave Australia.
The whole process has gone so fast...

Reality has started to kick in.Although i still have 5 months left...
I am really going to Austria for a whole year. I am really leaving all my friends and family. I'm going to be living in EUROPE!
There will be no more hot summer weather, no more Aussie accents and no more bogan food!
Yes, i will definitely miss all this :/

Anyways, trying to allow my parents to let me escape for a year was a tough job. Pursuing my parents to start the application took atleast 1 month itself!
I am going on exchange with AFS. This program, i must say, is EPIC! ---> (www.afs.org) 
There was so many forms to fill in, forms to be signed and of course researching.
Although it is quite expensive, I'm so certain that this decision will not be regretted. It is definitely a once in a lifetime experience!!! :)


Around 2 weeks ago, i went to an AFS camp. This camp was for people that are going on exchange or want to experience being an exchange student,  people who have just returned and of course exchange students in Australia. I never knew that in 2 days of this camp, i would meet soooo many awesome people from all over the world and become close to them. The conversations just never got boring...somehow... ^^


So from today, 26/03/2011 (earth hour day!), its only 158 days left...
Yes, i am counting down because im UBER excited xD 
The plane trip will approximately take 20 hours. 
What oh what will i do for all that time?! Apart from sleeping...hmm any suggestions?! 
I gotta start my preparation :P 


Many unanswered questions keep going around in my head. Such as... What will i do if no one wants to talk to me? What if i get homesick? What if i dont understand anything at all? Will i be able to learn the language and adapt to it? 
-sigh-
It worries me, yeah..But then again, i guess it's part of that whole experience. 
I'm so curious about the world, the different cultures. I wanna be adventurous! I wanna travel
I want to be brave and overcome my fears. I want to do things i would never think of doing, eat things that'll make my tastebuds go wild. 
I cannot wait! But also in the 5 months left, i shall do as much as i can in Ausland :3 Tehe


AFS slogan, Go Live Life
` Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment